1. Share an image of a knitting pattern you love but would probably never knit. I love lace, especially knit. I gave up knitting lace a long time ago. It’s the one pattern type (unless it’s really simple) that I just don’t have the patience for. I make too mistakes.
2. What is your favorite knitting technique? I’d have to say Intarsia is my very favorite. A very close second are patterns with designs created through stitch changes. (Sorry, don’t know how to better describe that.)
3. Yarn: wool, alpaca, cotton, linen, hemp, silk, or acrylic? Wool blends and cotton.
4. Needles: wood, bamboo, metal, plastic, or casein? Metal
5. Would you go on a knitting vacation? If yes, which country’s yarn shops would you like to visit? Not particularly. If I were to visit Ireland I’d have to stop in the shops and buy some good Fisherman’s wool and admire the local handiwork. The same would be true of any Scandinavian country.
6. Lace, fingering, sport, DK, worsted, or bulky? (If you had to choose just one) Worsted
7. Do you eat while knitting? If so, what? Rarely. I typically get so caught up in my knitting that I forget to eat.
8. Speckled yarn: yes or no? Is speckled the same as variegated? If yes, it’s my favorite.
9. Favorite knitting slang word? K-nitting.
10. Can you do anything else while knitting? Watching or listening to something doesn’t count. Not so much. Occasionally I’ll cook while I’m knitting. Has to be a simple pattern so I don’t get caught up and burn my food.
11. Favorite knitting pattern designer? I don’t have one.
12. Favorite yarn brand? Lion Brand has been my workhorse forever.
13. Intentional felting: yes or no? Haven’t tried it yet.
14. Who taught you to knit? My mom gave in and taught me after I tried teaching myself with 2 dull pencils and a scrap ball of yarn I found lying around. LOL She thought I was too young. 🙂
15. What’s your next knit? I honestly don’t know. I’m floundering with knitting at the moment. Feels like it’s time for a break. I’ll be back with a gusto afterwards.